Remand Young People Care Leavers
Remand carers should be trained and skilled in the variety of issues that relate to the supervision and care of …
Remand carers should be trained and skilled in the variety of issues that relate to the supervision and care of young people involved in the Criminal Justice System.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To offer participants the opportunity to gain/develop their knowledge and understanding of the youth justice system and, in particular, how it relates to children and young people who are subject to remand
- To develop carers’ understanding of how young people become involved in the Criminal Justice System
- To gain an insight into the court process and how court outcomes impact the young person and their carer
- To gain knowledge relating to the purpose and function of Youth Offending Teams
- To identify triggers to behaviours which may be challenging, and develop strategies to effectively manage such behaviours
- To understand their role in supporting children and young people involved in the Criminal Justice System
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.