Safe Handling Of Medication Advanced Level Children’s Homes
This course is aimed at residential carers and is ideal for those who wish to develop a basis of transferable …
This course is aimed at residential carers and is ideal for those who wish to develop a basis of transferable knowledge and skills in the safe handling of medicines. The course is designed to ensure that carers will gain an understanding of policies and procedures for the handling and storing of medicines, and the correct method of using them.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify the various pieces of legislation that are relevant
- To consider the various terms used around medications
- To understand your responsibilities when it comes to medication
- To explore commonly used medications
- To identify routes of medication
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.