Safe Handling of Medication Children’s Homes
This course will enable you to gain an understanding of the main principles regarding safe handling of medication in order …
This course will enable you to gain an understanding of the main principles regarding safe handling of medication in order to be able to minimise risk.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the legislation involved with drug administering
- To follow procedures set for safe administration of medication
- To be able to use a Medication Administration Record (MAR) sheet
- To gain an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in all procedures of drug administering
- To understand temperatures and safe storage of medication
- To learn how to dispose of medication correctly
- To gain knowledge of self-medication
- To gain knowledge of the effective recording of medication in children services
- To gain knowledge on the different types of medications, including controlled and non-prescribed medication
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.