Safer Care And Allegations Advanced Level Children’s Homes
This course provides information on safeguarding principles and legislation; covering guidelines for the realities of life in your own home …
This course provides information on safeguarding principles and legislation; covering guidelines for the realities of life in your own home – what happens if a child makes an allegation about you, or someone in your family or team? This course will look at what safer caring and allegations mean, and how you as a carer can protect yourself from potential allegations.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what safer care is
- To understand why people abuse children
- To become familiar with David Finklehor’s ‘pathway’ of abuse
- To know what an allegation is
- To know what Section 47 is
- To know what a strategy meeting involves
- To understand Child Protection Case Conferences
- To know how to reduce risks
- To be aware of safer care planning
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.