Secure Attachment and Bonding Fostering
People with attachment disorders often provide the greatest challenges. Attachment issues affect behaviour, teaching and learning, relationship/social skills, and lifelong …
People with attachment disorders often provide the greatest challenges. Attachment issues affect behaviour, teaching and learning, relationship/social skills, and lifelong development. This course aims to increase the understanding of Attachment Theory, provide participants with an opportunity to explore techniques for support and intervention, and learn about the nature and characteristics of attachment disorders.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the key principles of attachment and bonding critical for healthy development
- To explore how experiences in earlier relationships create internal working models and attachment styles that systematically affect future relationships
- To understand how healthy attachment is facilitated
- To understand the impact of separation, loss, neglect, and abuse on children’s development and their capacity to form attachments
- To explore the consequent challenging behaviours
- To use an attachment perspective to enhance child-carer relationships
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.