Sexual Health Advanced Level Fostering
Participants will learn about sexually transmitted infections, modes of transmission, and factors that may result in risky behaviour. The course …
Participants will learn about sexually transmitted infections, modes of transmission, and factors that may result in risky behaviour. The course will also examine prevention methods and where to go for sexual health screenings and treatment, and will consider the different types of contraception available.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To define sexual health
- To understand factors that may result in risky sexual activity
- To consider the various sexual activities and potential risks associated with them
- To identify the types of common sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- To understand what STIs are and possible consequences associated with them
- To consider the different types of contraception available
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.