Sexualised Behaviour Children’s Homes
This course outlines what healthy sexual development looks like, explains how to work effectively to promote healthy sexual development, and …
This course outlines what healthy sexual development looks like, explains how to work effectively to promote healthy sexual development, and demonstrates how to help children and young people to develop socially and sexually acceptable ways of relating to others.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the developmental impairment and distortions that lead to sexualised behaviour
- To understand the impact of sexual abuse on children and young people and the adults who work with them
- To learn how to work effectively and safely with children and young people with sexualised behaviour
- To understand normal sexual development in children and young people
- To recognise the importance of supporting the development of a young person’s sexual development and sexuality
- To develop more resourceful and creative approaches to addressing the questions and dilemmas young people have around sexuality and sexual health
- To identify the range of sexual behaviours from normal to very concerning
- To work with the complex issues that sexuality and sexual health bring, and understand them in the wider context of a young person’s development
- To gain a greater understanding of the legal and policy framework surrounding sexuality and sexual development for young people in care
- To identify the types of sexual abuse
- To agree strategies to respond to sexual behaviour in children
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.