Stress Management Children’s Home
Stress for carers is a significant issue. Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure. …
Stress for carers is a significant issue. Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure. Pressure turns into stress when you feel unable to cope. People have different ways of reacting to stress, so a situation that feels stressful to one person may be motivating to someone else. This course focuses on stress specific to carers and provides understanding of the issues and strategies to combat stress for carers.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain an understanding of stress and its effects
- To identify the signs and symptoms of stress
- To recognise the circumstances and situations that cause you stress
- To gain a clear understanding of useful stress management strategies
- To understand the various changes that can affect our stress levels
- To develop a manageable plan for effectively responding to stress
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.