The Effects of Pornography Children’s Homes
The danger of pornography use isn’t about right and wrong. It’s about the effects that pornography can have on the …
The danger of pornography use isn’t about right and wrong. It’s about the effects that pornography can have on the user. Pornography use can have serious, negative side effects. This course will explore the sociological and neurological impact pornography, and its mass availability, has had and still is having on young people today. This course will enable learners to fully understand why, how, and where children and young people are exposed to pornography, know what the psychological and social effects of over exposure are, and how best to create support for teens suffering from the impact of pornography.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know how accessible and available pornography is on the internet
- To understand the socio-psychological development of ideas about sex, the body, gender and sexual relationships, and the effect pornography has on these
- To understand addiction, isolation, escalation, and the working through of unconscious fantasy or real-life abuse memories
- To understand brain chemicals in relation to porn addiction
- To know the importance of internet security
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.