The Role of the Panel Fostering
This course aims to provide foster carers with a better understanding of various legislation within children’s services, and explore how …
This course aims to provide foster carers with a better understanding of various legislation within children’s services, and explore how your role is linked into the legislation and National Minimum Standards.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain a better understanding of the Children Act 1989 and the legal implications for fostering
- To gain a better understanding of the other legislation relevant to children and fostering
- To develop a good understanding of your role as a carer and how this is linked to the National Minimum Standards for fostering
- To develop a good understanding of the Every Child Matters Green Paper and be able to apply this to your day-to-day foster care practice
- To identify key places to look for additional resources should you wish to learn more about this area of fostering
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.