Therapeutic Care Fostering
Therapeutic care is a placement where a child or young person has undergone significant neglect or trauma and would benefit …
Therapeutic care is a placement where a child or young person has undergone significant neglect or trauma and would benefit greatly from a supportive foundation. Here they can build a trusting relationship with foster carers whilst they receive therapy to help them to overcome a traumatic experience or period in their lives.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To know what therapeutic care is
- To know how to establish a therapeutic relationship
- To understand behaviours of young people
- To know where behaviours come from
- To be aware of choice and consequences for young people
- To recognise the importance of body language
- To be aware of strategies for young people
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.