Therapeutic Care – Social Pedagogy Fostering
This course will show foster carers how to enable a therapeutic setting to work towards an ideal of social pedagogy. …
This course will show foster carers how to enable a therapeutic setting to work towards an ideal of social pedagogy.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To focus on what ‘therapeutic’ is
- To focus on what the therapeutic effects of all types of fostering can be
- To define some of the therapeutic needs children can have
- To identify the best types of professional fostering practice in meeting a child’s therapeutic needs
- To explore the meanings of key related phrases ‘therapeutic needs’, ‘therapeutic parenting’, and ‘therapeutic care’
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.