Transitions and Vulnerability Fostering
This course provides foster carers with the understanding and tools to enable children and young people to build resilience and …
This course provides foster carers with the understanding and tools to enable children and young people to build resilience and make successful transitions.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain an understanding of the importance of assisting a child through transition
- To recognise the impact that transition can have on vulnerable children and young people
- To explore the implications/issues that arise from moving a child on
- To identify how to build resilience in children to support them through transition
- To identify the features of a successful transition and how to plan for this
- To review legislation regarding 16 plus young people and the Children (Leaving Care) Act
- To look at life story work and its relevance to your role
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.