Using Basic Theraplay Techniques Fostering
This workshop introduces the key elements of Theraplay. The focus will be on practical strategies that can be taken away …
This workshop introduces the key elements of Theraplay. The focus will be on practical strategies that can be taken away and used by foster carers in the home.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To explore the effects of trauma
- To explore why some children find it so hard to trust
- To explore the role of play in building attachment
- To understand the principles of Theraplay
- To discuss practical strategies that you can implement
- To learn playful interactions to use at home
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.