Vulnerable children having vulnerable children Fostering
This course focuses on the understanding that many teenage parents are known to the social care system themselves and, as …
This course focuses on the understanding that many teenage parents are known to the social care system themselves and, as a result, both them and their unborn child will require additional support.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To learn how to recognise children at risk of early sexual activity, STDs, and pregnancy
- To understand the impact of early parenthood on young people
- To understand the impact of vulnerable young parents on the attachment process and appropriate care of a child
- To know how to support vulnerable young parents in creating greater stability in their lives, and their children’s lives
- To be able to work with other agencies to provide appropriate support
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.