Working with Disabled Children Fostering
This course enables foster carers to address issues associated with working with disabled children, and develop the basic knowledge and …
This course enables foster carers to address issues associated with working with disabled children, and develop the basic knowledge and skills to work effectively with a diverse range of children and young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand the social model of disability in relation to working with disabled children and young people
- To understand the inclusion needs of disabled children and young people
- To recognise the added vulnerability that some disabled children and young people may face
- To understand the discrimination of disabled young people in peer groups as well as in wider society
- To explore strategies to ensure disabled children are able to achieve their full potential
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.