Young People On Remand Advanced Level Care Leavers
A young offender under the age of 18, or in some cases aged 18 but remaining in the under-18 estate, …
A young offender under the age of 18, or in some cases aged 18 but remaining in the under-18 estate, will be held in either a Secure Children’s Home (SCH), a Secure Training Centre (STC), a Young Offender Institution (YOI), or Remand Fostering. This course will look at the national picture, the main offences, and what needs to be considered with children on remand.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To look at the national picture with respect to children’s involvement in the Youth Justice System
- To identify the key terms within the Youth Justice System
- To understand the main proven offences
- To gain a better understanding of the use of remand for young people
- To consider the needs of children on remand through needs planning
This course is specifically for employees who work with Care Leavers and is fully CPD accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.