2 Day Verbal And Physical De-Escalation Chilldren’s Homes
This course covers: your safety, working as a team, non-verbal and verbal de-escalation communication strategies, positive handling techniques, documentation, and …
This course covers: your safety, working as a team, non-verbal and verbal de-escalation communication strategies, positive handling techniques, documentation, and legal guidance, listening and learning, recording, reporting, and reviewing. This course is designed for carers who support looked-after children.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
Day 1 of the course covers the following:
- To identify general physiological signs of anger
- To identify common triggers to anger
- To recognise the levels of anger in young people
- To learn appropriate interventions for each level of anger
- Tips to manage your own anger
- Self- protection tips
Day 2 of the course covers the following:
- To understand the law in relation to the use of physical restraint
- To evaluate the risks associated with physical restraint and consider methods to reduce the risks
- To demonstrate non-pain compliant methods of control and how to safely apply them
- To demonstrate more restrictive methods of control and when they should be used
- To understand the importance of Incident reports and de-briefing for all involved in restraint
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.