ADHD & Autism Awareness Care Leavers
This course is aimed at candidates who look after young people that have ADHD and autism. Candidates will gain a …
This course is aimed at candidates who look after young people that have ADHD and autism. Candidates will gain a better understanding of what ADHD and autism is, and the effect it has on young people.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To gain a basic understanding of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
- To help carers to develop the insight and skills necessary to deal with these behavioural difficulties and modify them at the earliest possible age
- To learn appropriate management techniques and know to improve behavioural difficulties of children and young people with conduct disorders
- To gain an understanding of the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder’ (ASD)
- To increase awareness of the challenges associated with ASD and the Triad of Impairments
- To effectively understand the ASD perspective
- To gain a better understanding of triggers and behaviours
- To be able to “think and speak autistic” (Lawson)
This course is specifically for employee who work with Care Leavers and is fully Cpd accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.