Alcohol & Substance Misuse Care Leavers
The aim of this course is to increase the learners’ knowledge, skills, and confidence in recognising and responding to individuals …
The aim of this course is to increase the learners’ knowledge, skills, and confidence in recognising and responding to individuals who misuse substances.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To identify and name the most commonly used drugs, their possible effects, and methods of use
- To understand why young people in care are vulnerable to substance misuse
- To understand where the laws and agency policy and procedure fit when caring for children who are using substances
- To describe the potential harm to the individual from misusing substances
- To understand the role that residential care workers play in minimising the risks associated with drug use/misuse
- To gain an understanding of how to help and support young people in accessing appropriate drug and alcohol services
This course is specifically for employee who work with Care Leavers and is fully Cpd accredited.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.