Ending Of Foster Placements Fostering
Ending of placements is never easy for young people in care, especially when the young person has been in a …
Ending of placements is never easy for young people in care, especially when the young person has been in a long-term placement and built up an attachment with the foster carer(s). This course will look at how to support the young person before and after placement has ended, and how to manage each other’s emotions through the transition.
The main learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- To understand why placements end
- To know how to manage placements ending
- To know how to assist a young person before and after placement has ended
- To know how to manage your emotions
- To know how to respond to the young person’s emotions
- To be able to move on to your next placement
This course meets the Training, Support, and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
Upon booking this course, we will discuss the learning objectives and outcomes you wish to achieve based on the young people in your care.
We also have an advanced version, which is specifically for designated individuals or seniors.
Should you wish to discuss your needs before making a booking, please call 0800 774 7874.